Understanding gender inequality among caregivers in aging sector in Nordic countries
The project aimed at promoting new knowledge that contribute to the enhancement of gender equality among caregivers in the aging sector. The project has developed a broader network through two workshops, and conducted a small-scale study. The participants has contributed to the gathering of existing knowledge on women as caregivers in elderly service sector suffering from inequality and social injustices from diverse perspectives;
- how women’s career path as care service providers and the value of the job are apparently inconsistent;
- how low salary and early retirement interact with each other, and provide an unequal situation for women caregivers at the end of their career, which apparently affect their socio-economic status;
- how policies prevailed in labor market interplay in Nordic welfare model when other job sectors are compared?
The project has developed a common understanding, and a methodology to address the issues presented above, identify concrete gaps, and specific socio-cultural challenges in given contexts. The results of the workshops has been used to produce a short report.
- Status: Completed
- Funded by: Nordic Gender Equality Fund
- Granted year: 2019
- Category: Gender equality and welfare policy